It's hard to give a clear recommendation of project management tools to use because every company's needs are different. However, this is a list of good quality project management tools to select from.
- Basecamp – Simple online project management and team communication tools, easy to use.
- Intervals – Includes time tracking where time and cash value is of each component of the project is accounted for.
- Central Desktop - Also an online tool, more features than Basecamp or Intervals.
- Wrike - Includes Gantt charts and great integration of email features.
- Microsoft Project – More suited to larger businesses and complex projects.
- Project.net – Commercially sold open source software, a lower cost option for larger organization.