Keyboard Shortcuts - is the solution to Working faster on your computer.
Shortcut keys on your computer can really speed up the way that you work because it is usually faster to hit a couple of short cut keys than it is to browse via your mouse. Here are a few useful shortcut keys for windows. Mac users, sorry this article is not really for you!
Control + c – copies the highlighted text in a document
Control + x – cut out highlighted text to place it on the clipboard
Control + v – paste the text from the clipboard into a document
Control + End – jump to the end of a document
Control + Home – jump to the beginning of a document
Control + right or left arrow – jump one word to the left or right
Control + up or down arrow – jump one paragraph up or down in the document
Control + z – undo the last action
Windows key plus d – show the desktop
Here are a few other tips for working faster on your computer:
- Eliminate any notification pop-ups that come up continuously on your computer, for example unnecessary security warnings.
- Eliminate most of the notification sounds on your computer which can be distracting.
- Do not set up your computer so that you get a notification every time you have a new email or new person on instant messaging applications such as Skype.
- Use the sleep mode of your laptop to enable faster startup of your computer.
- Learn how to touch-type and improve your typing speed! If you don't know how to touch type, this is a massive potential opportunity for you to increase your productivity.